Here's a list of KDE-related stuff (mostly official FreeBSD ports) the KDE-FreeBSD team handled recently. You could call it "a week in the life of some packagers", packagers who are also otherwise busy with $work-work.
- Updated otter-browser (a Qt webengine-based browser) to latest version 0.9.94
- Added a GTK QPA
- Updated latte-dock to latest released version 0.7.3
- Clang6 fixes to older KDE and Qt software (out favorite #define nullptr NULL)
- Reworked packaging of Qt 5.9 to fix a broken (generated) qconfig.h
And in area51, the unofficial ports tree where we do preparatory work (use the branch kde5-import, which supercedes the plasma5 branch; this one contains the current plan for adding Plasma5 to the ports tree and updating all the KDE Applications), we've also got:
- Updated digikam to 5.8
- Updated KDE Frameworks to 5.42 (this is waiting on an exp-run to move to official ports)
- Improved powerdevil backend, thanks to Henry Hu
- Added plasma5-browser-integration
- Support Qt4 on aarch64, thanks to Fedora
As usual: you can run a full modern KDE desktop system with Plasma 5 and KDE Applications, from the area51 repository, from the kde5-import branch; official ports have the latest Qt and KDE Frameworks, but not the desktop.